Tuesday 5 March 2013

COMIC BOOK FILM SERIES - WATCHMEN


I really got into this movie but I hated the end! What a croc?!

To be honest I knew nothing about the Watchmen and did not know it was a DC Comic or written by a British chap, Alan Moore I think his name is. Saw him on Hardtalk on BBC News 24 late one night.

It is deep and mysterious and takes a great deal of thought and concentration and I love films like this and was pleasantly surprised. A friend of mine also into comics was into the Watchmen DC Comic and had told me about it several times.

Oddly I did find it somewhat strange that this band of super heroes were not...well BANDED together?!

Also that one of them tuns out to be the villain too was somewhat of an odd one for me, lol.

Still did like it....oh aside from the best character getting killed, Horlux, Hoarcrux, Horlicks or whatever his name was I cannot recall. I loved him!

My Universe was also an enigma of sorts too and I liked that character too, But they were not a team in this and very disjointed and fragmented.

Interesting for me is that some of the characters were closer to what you would think that people adorned with super powers would REALLY be like if they existed today! Dogged by the same idiosyncrasies and vices that affect many of us it was closer to reality than I think anyone has ever reached with super powered human beings.

Hopefully one day there will be another and with the same actors too?!

For someone that never read the comic book and am very choosy with the heroes I follow that should be taken as a high compliment. For me they are higher up the interesting scale than the Fantastic Four and even Captain America?!

I would go as far as Batman too! The movies were good but I was never a lover of Batman and yet they made the character very enjoyable in the films, not seen The Dark Knight Rises yet.

I would be more keen to see another Watchmen than another Batman in all honesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment