Monday 8 July 2013

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES




I was worried about this move due to the fact people complained that Bats does not appear for 45 minutes but I liked it and I did not mind that.

Like Iron Man 2 I felt it did have a fight scene missing though but it was a good story and I bought this and watched it purely because of the same kind of team behind the new Superman move Man of Steel!

This team does seem to like removing the original and obvious hero names from the titles as Batman disappeared after the first film and of course you now have Man of Steel too.

What does irk me though is how they seem to do the secondary characters outfits a bit half hearted and in that I mean Catwoman, though it was miles better than the Halle Berry one.

I loved the story in this and I loved Bane too, despite not being familiar with him from the comics either! Though I did not like the fact that they wrapped up this movie like you had seen Batman from beginning to end until he retires and hangs up his ears?!

Oh come on now?! No Penguin?! No Riddler?! LMAO!

In the case of secondary heroes or super heroes not getting attention to their outfits well for one thins despite Catwomans being a half hearted attempt then Robin's was totally non existent altogether so according to the Nolan Universe Robin never actually existed at all and was just a cop?! Would have worked better had he NOT been who he was and just an average cop.

I do not know if in later years Robin Blake took over the Batman role or not but just seemed not very well thought out. Still it was enjoyable enough though despite that and really hard to split this one from its previous film over which is the better.

Of course now the talk is that a Justice League movie will be tricky with Bats and Christian Bale supposedly retiring. I read on some forums of people saying that the chap who played Robin would take over the Batman role and is why I wondered if he indeed did in the comics.

HOWEVER, the one thing that really did save all that is the suggestion that he had NOT retired at all as he was thinking of taking on a partner and why he guided Robin to the Bat Cave.

Alfred's fretting over Bruce Wayne risking his life would not be half as bad knowing there were TWO Batmans, so to speak, watching each other's back?!

Anyway that was what I liked to think at the end and that they would come back to this story with a Robin, or Nightwing with him?

Even better still would be a Teen Titans movie but if that comic no longer exists it is not likely to happen.

But we have TWO Marvel groups in films now what with X-Men and Avengers and even a third with the Guardians of the Galaxy! DC needs to catch up and I hope they do as each universe has their own gems and it is all good to the fans but young and old like me, lol.

But other than Teen Titans, Justice League and its various spin off groups and Legion of Super Heroes which was set in the future with the main charcters grandchildren, well Mon-El being Kal-El's grandson with a crap outfit, and a load of really cool super heroes like Wildfire and my favourite Starboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment