Sunday 7 October 2012

Comic Book Films Intro, Whos Show Is it Anyway??

Never thought of this one?!

As a kid I loved the Marvel and DC comics and it has taken a long time but I have managed to see most of my favourite heroes on the big screen, and again and again for some!

I stopped reading comics a long time ago now, well I am 43!! But those days of reading those comics I have never forgotten, well OK mostly never forgotten!

Of the ones that were my absolute favourites were, AND IN ORDER OF FAVOURITES...

MARVEL

X-MEN
SILVER SURFER
SPIDER-MAN
ALPHA FLIGHT (NEW WOLVERINE AS PROJECT X)
AVENGERS
ROM



DC COMICS

SUPERMAN (DIDN'T EVERYONE?!)
JUSTICE LEAGUE
SHAZAM!
TEEN TITANS


These are the ones I can recall right now, lol.

You can imagine that talk of a Justice League film I find exciting. The new The Man of Steel film sounds great and I hope it is.

I only need a decent SHAZAM film and a decent rendition of the SILVER SURFER, where his powers are NOT linked to his board you morons lol, and it will be a perfect world?! Well that is if the new X-MEN Days of Future Passed (sounds like a Moody Blues album) does indeed contain the Sentinels and kick arse battles then I am done!! LOL.

I often thought ROM would make a good movie due to its eerie story and also I never read Ghist Rider but I did think it had potential and was amazed when it came out and I loved it to my surprise?! A shame as the second one looked even better but not enough of the Rider!!

It is odd how it goes in these films as you feel that the main actors seem to forget WHO is the star and the MAIN PROTAGONIST in the story and seem to become jealous of their super hero alter-egos!!! What?! Well do not do it then get someone else?! But no so you get these periods whereby they remain looking like ... well themselves or you get masks torn up, burned up and ripped off and all manner of things to allow the actors face to be seen instead of the hero everyone went to see?!

I do not know maybe it is just me but this seems lame to me, very lame and I have no idea how the film studios put up with it....

As the one common thing I hear in run down follow up movies is less and less of the action elements and therefore the heroes!!

Stupid, very stupid! Well here is a tip instead of royally screwing up the sequels then do not take part in the films that have masks or face altering metamorphoses going on?! Superman, anyone?? LMAO!

IT IS A COMIC BOOK OT THE [FILL WITH APPROPRIATE ACTORS NAME] SHOW?! lol. This will not get you brownie points with fans and will only serve for you to get slated on line by the fans of these characters.

Now you think that this would be obvious do you not? Well let us see in 2013 if they have learnt anything at all and if so let us pray that others that come forward for any other comic book character movies learn this lessons beforehand?!

We can all live in hope!!

No comments:

Post a Comment