Thursday 13 November 2014

MOVIES OF HEROES & MONSTERS

Well due to one thing and another... well lots of things and others I have not posted in here in awhile.

Though with a few things I have read that have excited me and watching the film of one of my favorite childhood stories that disappointed me I thought it high time I did start posting again.

There have been lots of rumours to and likely many more to come throughout 2015 that a steady stream of posts should now occur? With a bit if luck.

There had been an abundance of films based on mostly Marvel and some DC characters and now we know that in the next five years there seems to be about 20 of them.

It is a dizzying amount but only because I loved all this stuffed as a kid and almost all, but one, of my favorite characters are going to get the big film treatment. In fact asking the way there are those films based on comics I never read very much of our any at all as a kid and was not interested in hearing if the filming of, often thinking I would rather have seen something else get made. Two of these comic titles turned into the greatest of films and then some. I also soon realised that one is not to dissimilar to the one character who had only appeared in one film that did not do him justice.

The first title that surprised me was Iron Man. Apart from the sequels that were not up to the first film he had been great in the other two.

The second title is a much more recent one of The Guardians Of The Galaxy! I was not even familiar with them and a friend will was explained the story behind them. Shock horror that when I saw it I loved it and cannot wait for it to come out on Blu-Ray. Not long to wait. Shock number two was one of the group being the daughter of Thanos! I did say that one of my favorite characters was not to dissimilar? Well I would not be surprised to hear he had run into them over the years being space based himself. Also I am sure he ran into Thanos a few times too?

That would be the Silver Surfer of course.

The odd thing is that the space based movie of The Guardians Of The Galaxy doing so bloody well spawns a second confirmed movie meaning that the Silver Surfer will look a lot more appealing. Just remember is surf board is not that which you see on an American beach anywhere and that he is alien. Not an American on an alien planet, lol. I do so hate it when the deviate from the original concept and story.

Something I will get to touch base on a few times no doubt.

Now we can look forward to other Marvel films in Ant-Man, another one I was not interested in, Doctor Strange which I am very interested in, Captain Marvel based on the character Carol Danvers I am not familiar with but followed the original version until he died, later replaced by an awful character with a rubbish costume looking like a bad copy of Storm of the X-Men.

Of course Quicksilver will be returning after some plastic surgery in Avengers Age Of Ultron along with his sister Scarlet Witch and Vision, an android. I hope the outfits are way better than the pictures I have seen?! Yyyyuck! Well Vision looked OK from the drawings I saw.

There are a few others I have current forgotten due to some goings on and the head spinning announcement regarding DC films now heading our way. The Man Of Steel was very good and now he battles then teams up with The Batman. Oddly one of my lesser favorites and never read the comics. However who is not familiar with the iconic caped crusader and he did feature strongly in another of my favorite titles the Justice League. For those uninitiated this was a group of super heroes of the biggest names of them all in Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern and Aquaman along with the lesser known Martian Manhunter. Interestingly you should know that Superman did not feature in the very first comic. Not Justice League Number one but the one before that. The Martian Manhunter did however so would be odd without him, lol.

Later on the were pretty interesting characters added to the roster like Firestorm, Red Tornado, Guy Gardener (another Green Lantern) and Shazam. Probably several other big and interesting names I cannot recall.

Shazam has now been confirmed as an upcoming movie and I hear rumors of the Legion Of Super Heroes (an interesting take in DC characters of the future including Mon-El, Kal-El's grandson... yes Superman). The had been talk of The Teen Titans too. That would have Batman's Robin in charge (though named Nighthawk and better outfit) with Starfire, Changeling.. err and some others, lol. Good God I used to read that title too! My memory!

So am interesting few years ahead that is for sure. A shame my Dad is not here as he would have loved all this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment